Social and anti-hunger entrepreneurs Tamara and Rhonda started Roots for Life in 2017 to work in the food deserts in Washington, D.C., specifically Wards 4, 5, 7 and 8.
social movement with a simple mission:
Roots for Life dedicates resources to educate and empower communities to thrive.
Our approach to education and empowerment is multi-faceted:
- Connect individuals, currently in food insecure areas, to locally grown fruits
- Educate on their nutritional value
- Empower a healthy change into lives
All of the program offerings through Roots for Life are strategically designed to empower participants and get them excited about incorporating fresh produce into their day-to-day regimen and making small changes to live an active lifestyle.
Participants in the programs will learn how to:
- make healthy foods choices
- cook nutritious meals
- grow foods through fun hands-on activities.
Roots for Life’s ultimate vision is to inspire communities to make a change.